Sunday, May 11, 2008

mother's day

This weekend was full, full... not of errands and chores, but happy moments, smiles, and cuddles. First I got my hair cut (a lot)... and look, it's straight!

Then I picked up this vintage sewing box at a garage sale for $4 , which is now a lovely new home for......organizing all of my paints!
We've been working hard on setting up our deck for the summer, and we got this Muskoka chair in my perfect shade of green last week. On Saturday I potted some geraniums and some fresh herbs (basil = gobs of fresh pesto. Yum.) I love how this little reading spot came together and while Sara was out with Ian I got in a few pages of this book. It's such a good, inspirational read for anyone who appreciates and loves good food.
And for Mother's Day we had brunch out at one of my favourite local spots, followed by lots of cuddles and playtime while Sara pushed her dump truck around! Sara was tired and/or teething again by the end of the day, so after everyone went home we had quiet time and I've just tucked her into bed.
The perfect Mother's Day weekend with our little family. Tonight I will go to sleep feeling happy, fulfilled and truly blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the hair! The transformation always astounds me....

I wonder if Sara wonders who this new sexy mama is, though?! ;)