Tuesday, April 29, 2008

a swingin' time

This past weekend was full of smiles as Sara and I had mommy-daughter weekend. It was the first weekend since going back to work that we didn't have a lot going on, and for the first stretch of time I felt like we were really "us" again.

We lazed about on Saturday morning in our bed for cuddles and some playtime. I love this time. It reminds me of when mornings were not rushed, and I get to see her smiling face when she first wakes up and babbles away until I come into her room. We went to the park, did some shopping for some summer jammies and shorts, and enjoyed not one but two BBQs across the street. Sara had her first outdoor dinner of the season, and had fun walking around the grass after her big red ball while I held her hands. Teaching a toddler to walk makes for a very sore back, but it's amazing!

No comments: