Monday, April 21, 2008

I was only late with the post, not the party...

Honestly, these days I can hardly believe how organized you have to be as a working mom. Those who know me well can attest to the fact that I am an organized person - and I pride myself on it - but in the past few weeks I have joined the ranks of women who, despite all the best intentions, find themselves scatterbrained, terrible with answering friends' emails or calls, trying to figure out when exactly we're supposed to DO everything, and desperately seeking her memory. I can only hope that if push comes to shove I am genetically programmed to remember something I need to for Sara, not where I put that folder on my office desk.

Finally, some pictures from her birthday party on April 12. She was a little shy at first with so many people in the house, but then she relaxed and had a great time. She didn't even fuss at the paparazzi cupcake on the highchair tray moment, she even laughed and clapped her hands while we all sang happy birthday!
Not sure about the cupcake at first, but she ate some! Vanilla (after we successfully introduced whole eggs earlier that week), with homemade buttercream frosting that I dyed pink with pureed raspberries.

The few seconds before she pulled her party hat off!Quite a haul...
The next day, trying out her new phone to make some calls!This past weekend we bought her first pair of real shoes. We took her to a well known neighbourhood childrens' shoe store, and she looks like such a big girl in them! So adorable. If she wasn't going to grow out of them in 3 months, and they didn't recommend just one pair of shoes for consistency while she learns to walk, I would have bought lots!

We've also hit some more milestones - she finally started holding her own bottle a couple of weeks ago!! And just last week, she held and drank from her sippy cup! Hoorah! Selfishly, I was thrilled that she did the sippy cup with me, after months of hard work. I was so proud of her. And it was with MILK, no less! We've almost totally transitioned to whole milk from her formula. (as an aside, I'm not going to get into how I feel about last week's federal government ban of plastic baby bottle news just yet - that's for another post if I get around to it.)

She has also started dancing when she plays music on her LeapFrog table. It's awesome. She holds the table with one hand, and wiggles her bum from side to side with the music. Tonight she did it during the Backyardigans while standing against our ottoman... she loves the song they always sing at the end. I have videotaped it, and maybe one day if I actually have time to upload video I will!

No comments: