Friday, April 04, 2008

patio dreaming

It's Friday, which means that I have made it through the back-to-work transition week! We are doing well. The first couple of days were rocky and emotional, but I'm chugging along. Sara is so far restraining herself from mocking what is currently a pretty disorganized evening routine while we acclimatize ourselves! I am tired though, and looking so forward to a warm-ish and sunny weekend of family time! We're taking our girl to the park tomorrow, I've told her she'll finally get to go on the swings again. She didn't understand, but trust me little one, you will be loving it!

I admit this is cheating (like I said, I'm tired) but since I have no pictures to upload this week, check out this Patio-oh post by one of my favourite bloggers, Anna Maria Horner. If you are looking for fresh colour, outdoor yumminess and a big hit of SPRING for your home, this is arguably the best example I've seen. I wish this was my patio... although this is the year I'm determined we're ripping down the ugly pergola that seems to take on more of a slant every summer. She has so many good ideas for outdoor family living. I'm saving my pennies for some of her new Drawing Room fabric in the sketchbook design. The art supply table makes me yearn to sit outside with my sketchbook and some paints and canvases... and daydream of when Sara and I will craft and make art outside together!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree Christine, I swooned when I saw Anna Maria's photos of her wonderful porch...hmmm, bright blue trim - such a happy color!
Enjoy your weekend...you see, I can now say that to you, now you're back at office work!

Sally