Thursday, March 15, 2007

letter to our baby girl

Our sweet baby girl,

As I write this letter, you have been living inside of my body for 38 whole weeks now. You have grown from a tiny magical being into a strong and healthy baby! It has been the most incredible, surprising, life-changing journey of my life so far, and the bond that we have made will last forever. I have genuinely enjoyed being pregnant with you, I love to feel you moving and stretching inside of my growing belly. While I'm anxious to meet you, I will also miss this feeling!

Your dad and I have experienced both excitement and nervousness as we anticipate your arrival and the fact that we are parents! I want you to know that you were created with so much love, and this experience has brought your dad and I even closer than I thought possible. He is the person I am meant to spend my life with, and the best man that I know. He is gentle, warm, loving, strong, funny, smart, and always has a positive outlook on life. I that hope you share his spirit. A sensitive nature, and a love of learning and creating things are some of the things you may get from me. In many ways your dad and I have grown up together over the 11 1/2 years that we've been a couple before having you, and we are so ready to share our life with you now.

You also have grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends who all love you already and are very anxious to meet you. Always remember that love is the most important thing in life -- finding the right person to share your life with, and the love of family and close friends are what matters most. Nurturing and respecting these relationships is so important. Also remember that to be happy as you grow up, you need to find what you are passionate about and discover your own path. Always be open to possibilities, and if you want something badly enough, pursue it and make it happen. We will always, always be here for you.

We are so excited for the millions of firsts that are to come - the first time we hold you and kiss your little cheeks, hands and toes... your first smile... your first wobbly little steps... the first time you say 'mommy' and 'daddy'... our first family vacations. We will try our absolute best to give you a life and a home that is filled with love, happiness, comfort and security.

While I've had moments over the past few months of feeling uncomfortable or scared, I know that it will all be worth it... and so much more. My life will never be the same again, and I'm looking forward to all the joys that you will bring!

Love always and forever,

Mommy

3 comments:

Beaches said...

Tears. I've said it before... you are going to be the BEST mom! That's one lucky little kid.

warmandsunnydays said...

Tears over here, too. You are a terrific mom already.

Anonymous said...

very sweet!