Monday, January 21, 2008

bookworm

If I haven't mentioned it before, Sara loves to read. Seriously, I mean she REALLY loves her books.She even reads in the tub to relax after a busy day...
She loves turning pages, and every night after dinner I pull out three books for her to choose which one we read first. The other two stay close by so that she knows she'll get to see them as well. We cuddle on the couch, and often she wraps one of her little arms around mine (leaving one free for page-turning, on course!) Among her favourites are the Wombat series ("Sometimes I Like to Curl Up in a Ball", "Swim, Little Wombat, Swim!"), Boynton's "Opposites", "Picture This", and "The Hungry Caterpillar". She also mastered the various tactile activities in "Pat the Bunny" in short order.

I love that she adores her books. Not only does it make me feel better about the times she's exposed to TV, but I look forward to years of us reading stories and going on imaginary adventures together!

No comments: