Friday, January 11, 2008

finger foods!

On Wednesday we had a milestone of a lunch... Sara started feeding herself!

I put some pieces of toast on her tray as I had been for a few days, and as she picked them up she started doing the cutest thing - she decided to feed ME! She held out pieces to me and said 'hmmm?' with an expression like 'try some, Mommy!' I opened my mouth and ate the toast, causing her to wave her arms and giggle like it was the greatest thing. Completely adorable. We played this little game for a few minutes, and then suddenly it happened - she put a piece in her own mouth! I clapped and cheered for her, so she did it again (after chewing and swallowing her first piece). She was on a roll. I added some bits of cottage cheese and started videotaping the occasion. Success!

Yesterday I had to make a dash to the grocery store for some finger foods, so next we'll move on to pieces of banana, mango, soft cooked veggies, etc....

I'm also seething about a customer service situation we're currently involved in with a baby store. It's somewhere we had never shopped before and I recently made a large online purchase from them. I'm reserving the story for when the situation has been resolved, but I promise it will be a full blown (and hopefully humorous) rant of a "please, please, as my friend or family member, do not EVER shop here" nature...

No comments: