Friday, January 25, 2008

room to grow

Like most things in our life and our house, we've gone through quite an evolution since Sara was born. Her room is starting to reflect it too. I've rearranged the closet and her dresser a number of times as clothes come in and out, or to find the perfect homes for socks and other things that I need to grab without looking, like wipes.

Special gifts and handmade items are also finding their perfect spots. I made these paint and fabric canvases recently, and I'm so happy with how they've turned out. The Bert and Ernie needlepoint was a Christmas gift from Grandma... she made it over 30 years ago for the boys!


On her dresser is a collage I made while I was pregnant... a stuffed elephant from S&C's trip to Thailand... a Tiffany (!!) piggy bank from Aunt H.'s dad, and a framed photo of our first trip to a beach this past summer... Special keepsakes for a special girl! And, some nighttime necessities like her pacifier plus a backup, as well as our awesome version of a nightlight: a one-touch closet light that we dimmed with a washcloth draped over it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm loving your tribute to the "cupcake" :) Everything is perfect - can you come over to help organize K's room?