Tuesday, February 26, 2008

recuperating

Wow, have we been sick around here. S-I-C-K. It started last Wednesday for me, and turned into four days of total aching, feverishness, weak muscles, sneezing, nose-blowing, coughing, congested headaching misery. Our family was together for Family Day and most of us came away from it with varying degrees of the same thing. Ian is in the midst of it right now. I may not have had to miss "work", but caring for a baby when it's all you can do to get off the couch is hard!
Fortunately Sara hasn't been too bad, but she's had her first fever and cold... poor thing. She's in much better spirits now, but last week we spent some quality couch time and I tossed aside all of my house rules to limit TV during the week. She's coughing now, but I had her checked out by our doctor yesterday and she's ok. She's up to some new tricks... like learning how to go from crawling to sitting up, so I keep finding her in her crib like this!
If we're in the living room, her toys don't stand a chance these days. After a few minutes she quickly crawls over to her book basket. She pulls every book out and looks at a few pages of each one. Too funny!

1 comment:

Beaches said...

OH Lord, I'm so paranoid of the first "sick". I'll admit I've already checked Bella for fever like 10 times! It's one of those hurdles we all have to cross, I suppose. I'm glad that you are all surviving it. You can bet you'll be hearing from me for advice when it's our turn around here...

Feel better!

BTW - did you hear that you'll be getting a lovely, bright, brand-new OFFICE when you return to work! Small consolation, but a consolation none-the-less!