Tuesday, December 11, 2007

o christmas tree

We got our Christmas tree this past Saturday, Sara's 8 month birthday, and she's quite fascinated by this new green addition to the house with all its shiny lights and ornaments. I like the effect of turning off the flash on my camera...
It took her a while to actually reach out and touch anything, but today she did. She zoned in on one of the fabric ornaments that I sewed and hung at the bottom. She plucked it off and popped it into her mouth in one fell swoop, and gave it her sign of approval.

This week Sara has figured out how to push her bum right up in the air and rock back and forth (picture downward dog yoga pose, looking much easier than it actually is), so I think crawling is on the horizon! She is also babbling 'ma ma ma maa' constantly over the past few days. I'm not sure if she realizes what she's saying.... but it makes me almost burst with smiles. Does it count as "mama" yet?

We've been listening to a 'Sara's 1st Christmas' mix that I made, and she likes dancing to it with me. A true family CD, it has everything from U2 to the Muppets to Josh Groban (whose version of Silent Night, by the way, can bring on tears if you're at all sappy like me.) Have I mentioned how excited I am for Christmas this year...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely post Christine! i hope you have a scrapbook to capture all this memories. Christmas will mean so much more this year.

Anonymous said...

who made those pillow ornaments?!

they're exactly like the ones I've been making for the past couple of years (I'm thinking we were influenced by Emily Hamill just a little too much!)

lovely, lovely!