Thursday, December 13, 2007

stepping out

I took Sara to a 'holiday snugglebugs' program run by the town, and enjoyed some holiday baby crafts and chatting with other moms. It turns out that two of them went to my high school. I was afraid the program would be a little too hearts and flowers crafty for my taste, but it was fun - and next week there will be food!!

We made this clay footprint for her daddy, and a photo tree ornament/card. We took turns making the ornaments, a few at a time while the rest of us socialized and kept an eye on the little ones. When my turn came, I was nervous to leave Sara with everyone and go across the room, but one of the other mommies was also in a program we did during the fall so I felt more comfortable with her nearby. So I left Sara with the other babies and moms and started my project... looking up every few seconds, half expecting her to burst into tears wanting me to come back. But.... nope, not my baby. She was fine. She played happily with the others and chattered louder than any of them. She even grinned at a little boy who got upset over a wet diaper and cried right in her face. Every once and a while she turned and looked at me, and a mom commented "it's like she's checking on YOU!" I laughed wistfully, and had to agree. My baby was doing just fine on her own, and while I was so proud of how much she enjoyed our afternoon, it was yet another sign that she is growing up... just a little too fast!

No comments: