Monday, December 31, 2007

what a difference a year makes

This afternoon we're busy packing up our little fam to ring in 2008 at our friends' house. I'm awestruck at the many blessings 2007 brought to us and how much things have changed, and while I'm a bit sad that it has gone so fast, I'm excited for all that lies ahead in 2008. It's incredible to think that this time last year Sara was tiny and curled up inside my belly as we had a quiet new year's eve at home eating and watching movies while other friends went out to a bar in Toronto (not the most pregnancy-friendly plans!) Quite honestly I'm really not a new year's person so that was perfect for me, but this year it will be special to celebrate with Sara. I'll probably head up to bed shortly after midnight though, because she'll be awake and chattering away by 7:30am!

Instead of resolutions, I'm working on a short list of things I want to accomplish in the remaining few months of my maternity leave - but it's not done yet. Sara, however, organized just like mom, has her first resolutions on the chalkboard in our kitchen:

1. Learn how to crawl (forwards - backwards is almost down)
2. Give lots of hugs
3. Say "Da-da"

Happy New Year!

No comments: