Friday, February 16, 2007

34 weeks

At my 34 week checkup I learned that the baby now has her head down! She is definitely getting bigger in hotel belly. She might be moving less because there is less room, but I feel every movement so I haven't noticed any slow down yet. I feel stretching, wiggling, hiccups, her back/bum pressing just under my ribs, and when she isn't being shy with lots of people around (like at the baby shower!), there are lots of protruding body parts! Her lungs have developed by this stage, so it's a relief to know that from this point babies born early are strong and have few complications - not that we're ready for an early arrival!!

According to the Chinese lunar calendar our baby will be born in the year of the golden pig, just like her Grandma was. Supposedly she will be easygoing, hardworking, enjoy the finer things in life, and be prosperous. Sounds like a good fortune to me!

This has been my first tough week. I really feel like the countdown to finishing work is on! Between the 3 hours + a day of commuting lately, snow, sub-arctic temperatures and wind that I can't breathe in, a stubborn cold, and - the worst - terrible heartburn, it has just been a bit much. Plus, I've been preoccupied with horrible news this week from our hometown and people we know.

If only the heartburn would let up (it's connected to my cold, which always happens to me - pregnant or not!) then I'll feel better... With three weeks of work to go, I'm very ready for some downtime before Sweet Pea makes her grand entrance to the world!

No comments: