Thursday, June 07, 2007

baby bonding

Last night I experienced one of my favourite moments with Sara so far. I put her PJ's on at around 10pm after a good family photo shoot with our friend Mike, and with only 15-20 minutes to go before her bedtime bottle, I didn't want to move her off the mat in our living room so instead I lay down next to her. As Sara's vision develops, she has been really good at tracking things for a couple of weeks, and she's often able to reach out and touch things. I softly called her name and talked to her. She quickly turned her head to look at me, smiled, and touched my face with her little hand. It was such an amazing feeling of love and bonding, and even brought a tear or two to my eyes! We just lay there and looked at each other for a while, and when she slowly dozed off I just listened to her breathing. What a wonderful way to end the day. Much love to my sweet baby girl!

1 comment:

Beaches said...

Tears. Full tears. You're the sweetest.