Friday, February 09, 2007

baby crafting


Feeling much better emotionally, although I've been home sick for the past few days with a virus/sore throat. I got checked out yesterday to make sure it wasn't anything serious, and it's not... I was just prescribed lots of rest and fluids. Am feeling better today, though I just got a phone call that an already expensive regular car servicing now has a $600 repair tacked onto it that we can't afford. Why do these things always happen right before major, expensive life events?? A similar thing happened right before our wedding too. Ugh.

Anyway, some pics of recent projects for the baby... a fabric wall hanging (I know the lines aren't all perfectly straight, I wanted a more hand-made look!) and a knit kitty that will rock out the nursery and toy box. I made a similar kitty as a gift before, and used some Irish worsted wool from other projects to make this one in a different colour scheme. Here's the pattern from Knitty.

I have some new wool to knit the clothes I found patterns for, but I'm also very tempted by using fabric I have stashed away to make this initial pillow!

No comments: