Tuesday, February 20, 2007

pancakes and cravings


I’m finally starting to feel better, and though yesterday I still had heartburn late in the day, for the time in nearly two weeks I was excited about food again! To celebrate, yesterday I had some cupcakes from The Cupcake Shoppe, leftover from a birthday dinner this weekend. These flavours are absolutely divine… "Eh?" (vanilla butter cake with maple buttercream) and "James Brown" (chocolate buttermilk cake with chocolate buttercream).

I’ve also been very vulnerable to the power of suggestion throughout my pregnancy… for instance, those annoying new Wendy’s radio commercials make me instantly want a baked potato smothered with broccoli and cheese. So, after reading about this Mushroom Noodle Soup, I waddled over to get my own for lunch yesterday. And today? It’s Pancake Tuesday, so of course now I’m planning to make us pancakes for dinner! I’m probably going with this recipe, but I think I’ll use chocolate chips in some… with maple syrup and my own blueberry sauce drizzled on top:

1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen wild blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of 1/2 a lemon
Combine in saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes.

I may also treat myself to a new find from Starbucks… their Cinnamon Dolce latte. This concoction is sweet milky goodness with just the right amount of cinnamon and sprinkles… and brown sugar, no less… I skip the whipped cream and order it decaf of course!

No comments: