Thursday, April 05, 2007

41 weeks

We had a big day yesterday, Ian took me for an ultrasound before my checkup to make sure Sweet Pea is still ok now that I'm a week overdue — and everything is good! She is even lower than last week, which I didn’t think possible, but it explains the fun new discomforts I’m having over the past week (I'll spare you.) Get this though... the ultrasound showed her weighing in at 9 lbs!! If it's true, when you stop laughing, please wish me luck with that. Maybe I can figure out a way to dilate to 2ocm instead of the usual 10...

My O.B. said that ultrasounds very often overestimate a baby's size by as much as 1 1/2 lbs at this stage. He doesn't want me to worry, he's seen tall women have a 7lb baby get stuck, and tiny women deliver 9lb babies no problem. It was great to get a sneak peek, we got to see her face. And, 'she' is 99% definitely a 'she'. She had her legs crossed at first, but then we saw girl parts - no boy parts - phew!

There’s no progress on my part though, so it looks like I will be induced for an Easter delivery this weekend.

After we left, we went back to the baby store for a nursing bra, and yes... we scooped up two pairs of BabyLegs!

Ian will be calling some people, but we're not sure if he'll have access to email before we bring the baby home. No guarantees when I'll be back to post with pictures, but it will be as soon as I can. Happy Easter everyone, and have some chocolate eggs for me on Sunday!

4 comments:

Beaches said...

BABYLEGS!!

I will be thinking about you and Ian this weekend while I'm up at the cottage gorging on chocolate. I hope to have some news when I get back in the office on Tuesday.

Best of luck with your delivery and enjoy the first precious moments with your brand-new baby girl!

Much love. xo.

Cool Mommy said...

good luck and enjoy!

Unknown said...

oh... good luck and speedy delivery! can't wait to hear the news.

Beaches said...

Just heard the news Sugar Mama and couldn't wait to congratulate you. She's SO beautiful and of course... I'm crying. Enjoy your first days together. Much love!

ps - GREAT name. :)