Friday, August 10, 2007

4 months

I've been an extremely negligent blogger lately, but I couldn't let my babe's 4 month birthday slip by! Sara is doing so well. This week I bought her Sophie the Giraffe since she's been jamming everything into her mouth, and she has been going to town on it. We also got her a combo exersaucer/jumper that is waiting to be put together. It looks so fun, I'd even like to play with it! Sara loves to be pulled up to sitting and standing so I hope she likes it too... she even tries to pull herself up from lying down by doing little curl ups. Her abs are better than mine!

I don't think I've shared Ian's favourite story to tell lately, which he lovingly calls 'Sara giving Mommy stinkface'... Sara was lying on her change mat, and just after a diaper change her bum felt warm through the new diaper-- hmm, did she poop already? I bent down to sniff her bottom first, and right at that moment she grabbed two fistfuls of my hair and shoved my face into her bum. And yes, she had most definitely pooped... She was giggling, and I didn't know whether to laugh or be disgusted. It was a bit of both as I passed yet another initiation into motherhood!

We've been busy with people moving and M&D's wedding tomorrow, and while waiting for Sara to settle into her naps (yep, still having trouble with those!) I've been spending an unhealthy amount of time here... I'm a late convert, but just couldn't fight it anymore. I'll either be obsessed with it, or totally over it in a couple of months!

I'll be back next week after the wedding. It's on a boat and the weather looks awesome, we're really looking forward to it. We're dropping Sara off with Grandma and Grandpa and then heading down to the hotel! Enjoy your weekends!

No comments: