Wednesday, August 01, 2007

rock & roll

Yesterday Sara rolled over for the first time! She was playing on her tummy, grabbing for toys (also for the first time!) and I was watching her thinking how great it is that she's starting to really like tummy time... and out the blue, she just flipped over onto her back! She looked up at me like it was no big deal. Once I got over being stunned, I started clapping. Her daddy was in the shower and had missed it, so I grabbed the video camera in hopes that she would do it again... no luck though!

It was a strange feeling to see Sara do such an independent movement. She has depended on us for every change in position and soon she will start doing things herself, which makes me both proud and wistful... a reminder to cherish each moment because babies change so fast!

No comments: