Tuesday, August 28, 2007

baby talk

Sara and I have started having conversations, and it is quite possibly the cutest, funniest thing I have ever seen. I discovered this by accident when I was making some sounds to get her giggles going -- I did the "THLPPPPPPPPP" thing where you blow air through your tongue and lips, and after a few times she repeated it after me! Her version is awesome. She purses her lips and blows softly, making little drooly bubbles, and then smiles with pride. The first day she did it twice, but this morning we had a full conversation this way! It's a pretty phenomenal thing to communicate with your baby, no matter what form it takes. Next I'll work on "Mommy"...

1 comment:

Beaches said...

Oh man! So cute. I meant to thank you for bringing her in the other day... was inspiration for me to make it through the next five months. So awesome to see you and your baby girl together - you are a fantastic mom and you can really see how in love with you she is. And vice versa, of course.