Thursday, October 25, 2007

in the bag

I've been having a love/hate relationship with my diaper bag. It's one of the essential items of toting around a baby/toddler and all her stuff (not to mention your own stuff), and few moms I've talked to really love theirs. Function and style hold equal weight with me. I love the look of my bag, and it's messenger style is great for slinging on, but... now that I'm carrying Sara in and out instead of using an infant car seat, a shorter stiffer handle set would be much easier to pick up (especially off the floor). And, the magnetic flap that once seemed so ingenious when everything I put in there was, well, smaller, now means I can't close the bag at all. Why? Because, I after I cram it full of diapers, wipes, toys, play blanket, bibs, jacket, hat, shoes, meals, etc.... it just doesn't close most of the time. I think I need something a bit bigger.

Anyway, along came Etsy... sigh. A girl can spend hours on Etsy, can't she? And I found some beautifully made ones with great fabric, like these... 2 from Pockets of Sage


from Bliss By Heather
And then I found these by Midnight Creations. Large totes for a good price that have a life after being a diaper bag, and they come in my favourite Chocolate Lollipop fabrics by Anna Maria Horner! Happiness! I've contacted her to see if she has some of the other CL fabrics for a large tote with a zipper top.

The changing pad that came with my bag is too small for Sara now, so I took a quick peek for one of those too, just for fun.... honestly, do change pad manufacturers think babies are toilet trained at 3 months when they're still short? I like this blue/green one, this polka dot/paisley one, and this pink squares pad. And, this one is a bit short at 20", but it's so lovely...
Some other cute Etsy finds are these felted nesting bowls, and this hat from the Portland Beanie Company. There are several colour combinations, and matching Mary Jane slippers. I know, this DOES have Sara's name written all over it, doesn't it?

No comments: