Thursday, September 20, 2007

at day's end

I took this photo of Sara sleeping A) because she looks so cute, and B) because it was right before one of my favourite parts of each day... when I scoop her up and feed her a small bottle at 10pm, after she has been sleeping for a while. No matter how exhausted I am at the end of the day, this time fills my heart and sends me to bed happy. I love the sound of her quietly drinking her bottle cradled in my arms, and I really, really love the cuddles we have afterwards. I hold her on my shoulder and she nuzzles her head into my neck while she sleeps with her little hands wrapped around me.

This is our time -- time to bond, and for me to reflect on the day's funny moments and new developments. For example...

**Sara rolled over today, from tummy to back. And I missed it! She had spit up during tummy time and I went to grab a cloth. When I returned, she was on her back! Go figure.

**She has started flapping both arms up and down at her sides when she is excited. Too cute.

**She has discovered that one object can have two different sides. She started by staring at her hand and turning it repeatedly from palm to back, and yesterday she sat on my lap opening and shutting a book for about 10 minutes. I love how she looks up at me in wonder, as if to say "look Mommy, did you know this?!"

Since we're starting her on solids this weekend, it won't be long before we phase this last bottle out. I will really miss this time together, but I don't want to end up like the mom in 'Love You Forever' -- that classic book is a tear-jerker but let's face it, it does get creepy at the end -- so for now I will remember to cherish these moments and cuddles!

No comments: