Sunday, September 23, 2007

mmmm... rice cereal

So Sara's first bites of 'solid' food were not a resounding success, but they weren't a total failure either. We started by getting her used to the highchair, which she quite likes!
Then as I started spooning rice cereal into her mouth, we had some of these faces:
But we had a lot more of these faces:
She ate less than a teaspoon on Saturday, and about a teaspoon this morning. Part of the problem, I think, may be that I gave it to her after her bottle -- and both mornings she was full and didn't quite finish the bottle. I'm pretty sure I read to do it in this order at the beginning, but I think tomorrow I will try cereal before the bottle to determine whether she needs to get used to the cereal or if she was just full before. I don't know... more trial and error!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting this far! It's a nice milestone, reaching the "eating solids" stage. I agree, figuring out when to feed is a lot of trial and error. I found that feeding K solids about an hour to an hour and a half AFTER milk worked much better.