Wednesday, September 05, 2007

last days of summer

I took a little computer break for the last long weekend of summer (and then some)... it was a great few days of family, friends and lots of fun. On Saturday I had a much anticipated girls day of indulgence -- shopping all day with my sis, followed by dinner with our mom-in-law at North 44! An incredible dinner of lobster bisque, bison tenderloin and risotto (yes, bison - delicious) and a raspberry chocolate dessert.

On Sunday our little fam hit the beach at Balsam Lake, visiting good friends who were camping all weekend. It was Sara's first trip to the beach! She enjoyed watching the waves and all the people, but dipping her toes in teh water was short-lived because the water was pretty chilly! She played with her toys on our beach blanket quite happily, and after all the fresh air she zonked out immediately in the car.

On Monday we relaxed at home, and then yesterday I made a special delivery... some of my small paintings are officially for sale in a lovely baby boutique called Belly Bumps and Babies. I'm pretty excited about this venture, and am so happy that the store owners like my work so much to buy it wholesale.
I also completed a large commission for a client who requested two birds on a branch. Sara's napping is back to short and sweet lately, so I hope to have more painting time soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congrats to you too! I love the birds - so pretty. too bad about the naps :( don't worry, I've come to realize everything comes in phases, and then they pass eventually...