Wednesday, January 10, 2007

29 weeks and baby book mania

Week 29 kind of feels like my 29th birthday did so far. In that last window before turning “30”, I’m suddenly realizing that time is flying along and things are about to change dramatically! Soon my energy will likely start to dip again too, I’ll walk (aka waddle) even slower, and there will be more sore muscles to contend with. Not to mention all the things we still have to do … Set up the rest of the baby’s room, pick up the change table and mattress, get the baby gear together, and do one or two last projects around the house while there’s still time or motivation to do them. Of course I have two crafty projects on the go as well, to decorate her room!

High on the list is also learning more about being parents of a newborn. Tonight is our hospital tour and we start pre-natal class on Saturday, which I’m sure will make us feel MUCH better. I’m also hunting for good books, and am unsure about which ones are really worth reading. I’ve looked at The Mother of all Baby Books: An All-Canadian Guide to Baby's First Year , What To Expect in the First Year and The Baby Book as good possibilities. I’m also interested in Better Baby Food by The Hospital for Sick Children, I just wish it included little “menus” which I think would be really helpful in learning how to plan meals when babies start solid foods.

I’m going to wait a bit longer in case we receive any books as gifts, but in the meantime I’m a bit overwhelmed by the selection and all things to learn.

Any book recommendations are welcome!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Baby Book by Dr. Sears is really good, especially the breastfeeding section - which I'm all about these days!

A friend also gave me Secrets Of The Baby Whisperer which I haven't looked through yet, but it's also highly recommended.

sugar mama said...

thanks! Another friend of mine just recommended the Baby Whisperer one too, she will loan it to me.