Wednesday, January 24, 2007

the mommy network

One of the things I'm learning is how great friends who are moms can be. My own little "mommy network" has been so generous and forthcoming already with tips, advice, clothing, gear, and books (I was asking around for recommendations.) I'm pretty emotional lately so when I think about it I get all mushy. I feel kind of guilty reaping the rewards of their experiences when I have none of my own to share yet. I hope to return the favour for other friends!

When I went for lunch today a group of girlfriends were at a nearby table, taking turns holding a very happy baby girl who looked to be about 5 or 6 months old. She was looking adorable with her blond hair and big smile, sporting a little pink shirt and embroidered corduroys -- and I was the crazy pregnant lady across the room who could not stop staring! Thinking about how that will be me with our friends soon, I could have cried right there. Did I mention I'm emotional lately? Don't even get me started on how sucky I am with Ian these days.

No comments: