Monday, January 08, 2007

baby's first blanket

This is the finished baby blanket I've been working on, taken in the baby's room in progress! It's knit with yarn that I bought last spring at The Naked Sheep in Toronto. It's 'Coco' by Lang, a cotton and acrylic mix that's washable and it comes in beautiful, fresh colours -- different than the traditional 'baby' yarn. It also comes in other variegated colours, like a lovely lavender.

I cast on 95 stitches and just knit in garter stitch since the yarn is already so textured -- it couldn't have been easier. I used 6 balls in total, one yellow for each border and 4 green balls for the middle. It's super-soft. I can't wait to cuddle her up in it!

Now I'm knitting a toy cat, from a Knitty pattern I used last year to make one for another special little girl. This one will have a different colour scheme and I picked up some flannel fabric to sew some coordinating accessories. Stay tuned for photos when it's done.

No comments: