Monday, January 22, 2007

31 weeks

This weekend we finished our pre-natal classes at the hospital, and feel much more prepared for what's to come than we did before. The morning this weekend focused on C-sections and the possible situations that could require intervention during the birth. That part was a bit scary but it's good that we know about even the rare situations. Until now I haven't been concerned about labour, and now that the time is closer I can' t help but rethink the whole 'pushing the baby out of me' part... but it's too late now! This weekend we also did practice feeding, swaddling, bathing and diapering, and 90% of us had Cabbage Patch Kids as our models. Lots of great information to absorb, also making it a very tiring day!

We also worked on getting the baby's room more ready, and I sorted through all the clothes (from other people) and books (some from my childhood) we have so far. I held up some of the newborn onesies -- they are so small, I can't believe she will fit inside them... and that we have to get them on her!!

This morning I got my first hard knee or elbow jab up near my rib cage. It was so strange, and although I had the duvet over me I'm sure my belly stuck way out -- we could feel how hard it was in that spot!

I'll post some belly pics soon (our last pictures are from Xmas), and some room pictures when we have it ready.

No comments: