Tuesday, March 27, 2007

An Easter delivery??

Well, I had a checkup today and am frustrated to say that nothing is happening yet — the baby seems ready, but I, apparently am not. The baby is extremely low but my cervix hasn't moved at all... and therefore no dilation. So much for being early!

I have an ultrasound next Wednesday to check on things, because my back up induction date is 10 days after the due date (the earliest available date at the hospital.) Get this... It’s Easter Sunday!! Of course I could still go into labour on my own, and I'm trying to focus on the fact that we're both healthy instead of being discouraged or upset - but being extra tired and hormonal is making that a bit of a challenge. Please, please send us positive thoughts ... I don’t want to deliver the Easter Bunny!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The waiting game is the hardest, but things could change very quickly too and you could have yourself a baby by the weekend! That's what I'm wishing for you. Best of luck!

Beaches said...

I'm guessing the little girl is just trying to be tricky... April 1 is my guess! Perhaps she's a wee joker already and is fittingly waiting for April Fool's Day? Hang in there Christine... this one is worth watiing for. Besides... it's oh so fashionable to be just a little bit late. :)