Thursday, March 01, 2007

in like a lion

My friend and co-worker coined the word of the day -- ASS. As in the weather (a huge nasty winter storm ushering in March), as in any truck/large SUV/BMW/Mercedes/Lexus driver who thinks they should muscle their way into my lane on the highway in said weather conditions, and as in mine, mildly numb after sitting rigidly in the car for an hour with a baby pressing into my groin.

So on my second last day of work I waddled out to my car at 1:30 as quickly as possible once the storm swept in at rapid speed. I got lucky, the drive actually improved as I got out of the city where it wasn't too bad just yet.

Sweet Pea was moving like mad while I sat at my desk this morning. My belly looked like a rolling waterbed! Yesterday they had a surprise baby shower for me at work, and since I helped plan the one for New Mama I was sure they couldn't surprise me... but their fake meeting planning skills prevailed and they got me! Of course I was all red-faced and couldn't stammer anything more eloquent than repeated 'thank you's. We got a Bumbo chair, a funky fabric tote bag filled with lots of beautiful classic books, a pair of sheep Robeez, and a 'sleep sheep', a stuffed sheep that plays various nature sounds like rain and whales. My manager is convinced that this will confuse her, and when people ask her 'what does a sheep say?' she'll start make creepy whale cry noises.

Only 28 more days to go... by early next week I'll be considered full term (37 - 42 weeks), which means that if the baby comes early there technically shouldn't be any complications or special needs. It's a big milestone! March may be coming in like a lion, but if our due date is calculated right, it will surely go out like a lamb... with our little lamb being born!

No comments: