Thursday, March 29, 2007

happy due date

Today is THE due date, but nothing is happening yet except some house cleaning, cooking and reading. I'm actually feeling pretty calm over the past couple of days, deciding to more or less take it easy and let things happen. Although, so far I've been told both sex and chocolate can speed things up... so this waiting thing CAN be fun! Ian keeps asking "Are you in labour yet?"... "Are you in labour now?"... soon, we hope!

This morning I went to pick up some milk at the grocery store, and spotted the much coveted spot right by the door. Just as I was starting to pull into it, a 50-something year old man driving an obnoxious mid-life crisis canary yellow sports car cut in front of me and parked there. In MY spot! I made some unfriendly gestures at him and made sure that he saw my gigantic belly when I got in the store. He wasn't hard to spot, wearing a stupid yellow ski jacket that matched his car (ick). He looked at me, and I gave him my best bitch-face glare, but if he felt even the slightest bit bad he didn't let on. And then to top it off... he just made it in front of me in the express checkout line! My hormones were right on the brink of letting me tell him off but I didn't want to cause a scene... although maybe that would have put me into labor... heh heh.

Over the past couple of days I finished knitting the little kimono sweater, it's cute and with the little side ties will be easy to get on and off of her. I'm not confident in how nicely I finished the tiny bit of side-seam sewing that was required, but I don't think it's coming apart!


I also did another little painting, 16"x16". My criteria was simple... something simple and sort of graphic, that I could start and finish within a few hours, and that has my favourite green. It was inspired by, of all things, a spring table runner I bought a few weeks ago.

No comments: